Our November #HogsbackStay competition will take you to Laragh on Hogsback, one of our upmarket self catering establishments close to the centre of our village. Laragh-on-Hogsback is set in a country garden where you can enjoy the sight, sounds and smells of many yellowwoods, beeches, oaks, liquid ambers, spanish chestnuts, magnolias and silver birches. These upmarket luxury cottages are fully kitted with all the mod cons but still retain the rustic charm and warmth of natural wood flooring and high-pitched ceilings.
In order to stand a chance to win a two night stay at Laragh-on-Hogsback, all you have to do is to make a donation of R100 or more to our Hobbiton Bridging Fund. All money raised (donated) will go towards helping Hobbiton to stay open and to be able to keep going through these trying times when schools are reluctant to send their learners on adventure and leadership camps.
The Bridging Fund is one of the main sources of income for us right now and we are therefore grateful for the support of our community here in Hogsback and especially the Tourism Establishments who have donated Hogsback Stays for Hobbiton’s fundraising efforts. We still have some way to go to reach our goal of R350 000 in order to make sure that we can keep our world class facilities in tip-top shape and cover our costs while schools are slowly returning to normal.
Help us do that and win a 2 night midweek stay at Laragh-on-Hogsback .
How do you enter for a Hogsback stay?
Make a donation of R100 or more (please more!). The next draw will take place on the 30th of November. You can either do a credit card donation or make and EFT. Make sure that you add your name and phone number when you do a EFT.
Please consider making a monthly donation as this is an ongoing struggle that we do not intend on losing!! You can set up a monthly contribution via EFT to or bank account:
Account name – Hobbiton
Bank – FNB
Branch code – 210 221
Account number: 52 12 12 62 879
Reference – (Your name- Cell number)
or just hit the donate button below and do a credit card payment:
Who were the previous Winners of Win a Hogsback Stay?
In July André van Tonder won our monthly draw for a stay at The Edge Mountain Retreat and in August it was Cayla Fourie’s turn to bag a stay at Nibelheim. We will be running monthly Hogsback Stay competitions for everybody who donates R100 or more to our Hobbiton Bridging fund. We have some stunning stays coming up, so do not stop donating!
- July: The Edge Mountain Retreat. Winner: André van Tonder
- August: Nibelheim Cottage Winner: Cayla Fourie
- September: Maple Grove Self Catering Cottages : Bianca Els
- October: Windrush (Donate and enter now!): Lorrinda Thomas
- November: Laragh-on-Hogsback: Is it you? Enter now
- December: Monsgarden Cottage
Terms and conditions:
- Competition voucher only valid for a 2 night midweek stay and must be redeemed before the end of March 2022.
- Stays are subject to availability for your preferred time and winners must therefore make a reservation well in advance.
- Please mention the voucher number when making your reservation.
- The winning voucher is not redeemable for cash.
- Follow our social media spaces here:
Don’t miss out, set up a monthly contribution
Not only will you be making sure that Hobbiton can stay open for future generations, you will also qualify for each months draw! Make sure that you add your name and contact details to your contribution