Teambuilding and leadership
Aim: To boost team morale Develop Self-Confidence through Self Discovery in an Outdoor Environment.
As with all groups, team morale is crucial to the success of any organisation, especially during these difficult times. Covid 19 has undermined employee morale and created a sense of desperation within the workspace of many organisations. How do you restore confidence and develop strategic vision in times like these? Bring your team to Hobbiton!
We will help your employees to get their vision and focus back and restore their confidence and hope for the future. Our teambuilding and leadership courses combined with our world class adventure facilities, will ensure that your employees will return to work with renewed energy and focus. We We are skilled to assist your team with team building, effective communication, conflict resolution and just plain FUN!
We have more than 75 years of providing outstanding outdoor experiences and adventures to leaders from all over the Eastern Cape and beyond.
Our experienced camp instructors will gladly design a Teambuilding Programme for you. You could indicate which of our diverse activities you consider the most appropriate for your team and we will make it happen!
Our activities include:
- Abseiling from our 7m or 9m training towers.
- Ballistics (Pellet gun, Blow pipes, Catapult)
- Camping (Only if arranged beforehand)
- Climbing Wall Lateral
- Climbing Wall Vertical (9 m)
- Climbing Wall Overhang (9 m)
- Compass Course
- Evening activities in the Recreation Hall
- Games during Free Time (Volley Ball; Soccer; Rugby; etc.)
- Group Dynamics
- Jacob’s Ladder (9 m)
- King Swing
- Log Challenge
- Night Hikes
- Orienteering Courses
- Paintball based challenges (Only if arranged beforehand: Conditions apply)
- Rafting Building (Flat water)
- Ropes Course Low (< meter above ground)
- Ropes Course Middle (+/ – 1.5 m above ground) especially designed for Team Building
- Ropes Course High (10 m) especially designed for Personal Development
- Trapeze (7 m above ground level)
- 100 m Zip Wire
Corporate Team building programme
Our corporate package focuses on developing life skills through the following team building activities: Middle Ropes Course, Group Dynamics and Orienteering. We also promote self-development through individual based activities such as Abseiling, Trapeze, Climbing Walls and Sky Frame.
We begin the program with an interactive discussion regarding the desired outcomes for the day and progress to some fun ice breakers followed by our outdoor activities. To ensure the optimal learning experience all activities are briefed before and debriefed after to discuss challenges, reiterate the healthiest solutions, the lessons learnt and how to implement them in ‘real’ life.
Example Activity programme
09:00 Introduction, house rules and expectations
09:30 Ice breaker and challenges
10:00 Strategizing challenge
11:15 Hike to Madonna & Child with
14:00 Group Dynamics
15:00 Abseiling, trapeze and 100m zip Wire
16:00 Tea and synopsis
Activities selected are dependent on the desired outcome of your team, so please feel free to discuss your needs with us so we can suggest the best activities to address these.
Even though Hobbiton has extensive dormitory accommodation available, we also offer our organisational visitors more luxury options in the nearby village of Hogsback. To choose from the vast array of overnight choices, see accommodation.hogsback.info.
The Edge Mountain Retreat offers a 30% discount to Hobbiton team guests. The Edge is one of our premium establishments in Hogsback and offers bed and breakfast as well as upmarket accommodation.
We can cater for you
As most organizational teams participate in day or half day programmes, we offer morning and afternoon teas with sweet and savory scones, tea and coffee with a lunch of 2 hamburgers, chips and juice or a braai with salads and juice for R200 per person.
Our kitchens are fully equipped with all that you would need for self-catering, including cutlery and crockery. Toilet paper, dishwashing liquid and rubbish bags are your responsibility if you choose this option.
Domestic help can be hired @R350/lady/ day. R22 per hour after hours if you opt for the self-catering option over the weekends. (The hiring of 2 ladies for the kitchen are recommended when self catering).
NO ALCOHOL IS ALLOWED ON HOBBITON PREMISES
Dining / Conferencing Room
Our dining room can double up as a conferencing room and is equipped with chalk writing and white boards.
Break away rooms
We have a board room and other break away rooms that can be used on request
Multi purpose hall
Hobbiton has a big multi purpose hall with a stage, which can be used for conferences and functions as well as indoor activities when it is raining. It is also equipped with a King swing and climbing wall.
- Accommodation: R158 / person / night or see The Edge mountain Retreat for a 30% off offer.
- Catering Corporate Rate: R 300 / Person / Day and R 150 / Person for ½ day
- Day bookings: R500 deposit / organization and R30 / person with R 30 or R50 / activity
- Hobbiton Walking Sticks: R 50 per stick. Please bring the right amount of cash as getting change in Hogsback is difficult. You can also order sticks with corporate branding beforehand.
- Self Catering: Domestic help is available @ R350 / lady / weekend and R22 per hour after hours if you opt for the self-catering option over the weekends. (The hiring 2 ladies for the kitchen are recommended).
- The use of the designated facilities
- The costs for standard bookings include Instructors for all of the activities, safety equipment and facilitation.
- 2 months prior to arrival 100% refund, 1 month prior to arrival 50%, Less than 30 days no refund.