Teambuilding and leadership
Aim: To boost team morale and develop self-confidence through self-discovery in an outdoor environment
Team morale is crucial to the success of any organisation, especially during these difficult times. The Covid-19 pandemic has the capacity to undermine employee confidence and create anxiety within the workspace of many organisations. How do you restore optimism and develop your strategic vision in times like these?
Bring your team to Hobbiton!
Recover your team’s vision and focus. Restore their confidence and hope in the future. Our team building and leadership courses combined with our world-class adventure facilities will ensure that your employees return to work with renewed energy and inspiration. Our skilled crew will assist your organisation with team growth, effective communication, conflict resolution and lots and lots of FUN!
We have more than 75 years’ experience of providing outstanding outdoor activities and adventures to leaders from all over the Eastern Cape and beyond. Let us share this with your team!
Our experienced camp instructors will gladly design a team-building programme for you based on the activities you believe are most appropriate for your team. We will make it happen!
Our activities include:
- Abseiling (7m or 9m training towers)
- Ballistics (pellet gun, blowpipes, catapult, bow and arrow)
- Camping (only if arranged beforehand)
- Climbing wall – lateral
- Climbing wall – vertical (9m)
- Climbing wall – overhang (9m)
- Compass course
- Evening activities in recreation hall
- Games during free time (volleyball, soccer, rugby, etc)
- Group dynamics
- Jacob’s Ladder (9m high)
- King Swing
- Log challenge
- Night hikes
- Paintball challenges (only if arranged beforehand; conditions apply)
- Raft building (flatwater)
- Ropes course – low (<1m above ground)
- Ropes course – middle (+/–1.5m above ground) especially designed for team building
- Ropes course – high (10m above ground) especially designed for personal developmen
- Sky frame (9m)
- Trapeze (7m above ground)
- Zipwire (100m in length)
Corporate Team-building programme
Our corporate package focuses on developing life skills through the following team-building activities: middle ropes course, group dynamics and orienteering. We also promote self-development through individual activities such as abseiling, trapeze work, wall climbing and the sky frame.
Our programme kicks off with an interactive discussion about the day’s desired outcomes and progresses to fun icebreakers followed by our outdoor activities. To ensure an optimal learning experience all activities are briefed beforehand and debriefed afterwards. We discuss challenges, reiterate the healthiest solutions, identify the lessons learned and decide how to implement them in ‘real’ life.
Example activity programme
09:00 Introduction, house rules and expectations
09:30 Icebreaker and challenges
10:00 Strategising challenge
11:15 Hike to Madonna and Child waterfall
14:00 Group dynamics
15:00 Abseiling, trapeze and zipwire
16:00 Tea and synopsis
Activities selected are dependent on the desired outcomes for your team. Please feel free to discuss your needs with us so we can suggest the most appropriate activities.
Even though Hobbiton has extensive dormitory accommodation available, we also offer our corporate/organisation visitors more luxury options in the nearby village of Hogsback. To choose from the vast array of overnight venues, see accommodation.hogsback.info.
The Edge Mountain Retreat offers a 30% discount to Hobbiton team guests. The Edge is one of the premium establishments in Hogsback and offers bed and breakfast service in upmarket accommodation.
Let us cater for you
Because most corporate/organisation teams participate in one-day or half-day programmes, we offer morning and afternoon tea with sweet and savory eats, tea and coffee, and a lunch of two hamburgers, chips and juice or a braai with salads and juice at R200 per person.
Hobbiton kitchens are fully equipped for any catering needs, including all cutlery and crockery.
If you choose the self-catering option you may still make use of our catering facilities, including cutlery and crockery. However, toilet paper, dishwashing liquid and rubbish bags will be your own responsibility.
Domestic help can be hired @ R350/helper/day with an additional charge of R22/hr for self-catering groups during the weekend. (The hiring of two helpers for the kitchen is recommended for self-caterers.)
NO ALCOHOL ALLOWED ON HOBBITON PREMISES
Our dining room can double up as a conference room and is equipped with chalk- and whiteboards.
We have various breakaway rooms that can be used on request.
Hobbiton has a large multi-purpose hall with a stage, which can be used for conferences and functions as well as indoor activities during bad weather. It is also equipped with a King Swing and climbing wall.
- Accommodation: R158/person/night or see The Edge Mountain Retreat for a 30%-off offer
- Corporate catering rate: R300/person/day; R150/person/half-day
- Day bookings: R500 non-refundable booking fee/organisation plus R30/person plus R30 or R50/activity
- Hobbiton walking sticks: R50 per stick. Please bring the right amount of cash as finding change in Hogsback is difficult. Sticks with corporate branding can be ordered in advance.
- Self-catering: Domestic help can be hired @R350/helper/day with an additional charge of R22/hr for self-catering groups during the weekend. (The hiring of two helpers for the kitchen is recommended.)
These amounts are inclusive of:
- The use of designated facilities
- Instructors for all of the activities, safety equipment and facilitation (for standard bookings)
- Two months prior to arrival: 100% refund
- One month prior to arrival: 50%
- Less than 30 days: no refund